Sunday, October 20, 2013

Space camp








I lie in bed each night waiting for the day I can blast off into the unknown. As I get more tired and start to fade, I close my eyes and I imagine. 

3.2.1. BLAST-OFF. 

I burst up into the air going faster than ever. We excellerate, getting higher and higher into the atmosphere. We head straight toward the moon. Getting closer and closer. I start to feel special like I'm really there, like I'm really about to step foot on the moon. We detach from the shuttle and are now in a "no gravity" zone. I step out of the aircraft and my foot is placed on the moon... 

My dreams my fears my accomplishments were all for this one step. I did it. I now take a few more steps and I'm floating throught space.

Beep, beep, beep. My alarm goes off. I quickly get up and head out the door. I start my first day of space camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment